Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

ZAMBIAN Lukundo Clinches Face of Africa Title


22 year old Zambian model, Lukundo Nalungwe, was last night crowned the M-Net Face of Africa 2010 at a glittering event held at the Eko Hotel Exhibition Centre in Lagos, Nigeria.
The business administration student fought off stiff competition from a bevy of continental beauties, including Zimbabwe’s own Tholakele Dhlamini and Rosanna Hall, who made it to the top ten.

After a night of what can only be described as high fashion with most of Nigeria’s and Africa’s fashion elite in attendance, the coveted Face of Africa crown went to Lukando.
"I started trying when I was 17 years old, Face of Africa crew came to my country, I tried it, I couldn't make it, the following year again I tried, unfortunately I wasn't lucky again. Then after two years they came back to my country, I was 19, I tried again, I could make it, never gave up, I always told myself go for it...and finally they came to my country last year and then unfortunately just the previous night before I was picked to represent my country my little brother past away," said Nalungwe.
Apart from the Face of Africa title, Lukando also receives $50,000 dollars from MNET, a modelling contract with O Modeling Agency (CEO Oluchi Onweagba) and a chance to take part in New York Fashion Week in a few days. As if that wasn’t enough to make any girl happy, Zenith Bank are also giving Lukando a $5,000 shopping spree, while in New York! Some girls just have all the fun! We wish Lukundo and all the remaining 9 contestants all the best in the future.
The final was beamed live to the continent via DStv.
Texts from ukzambians.co.uk

0 comments: