Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The kidnappers want 6m, all the money I have is 200,000 - John Okafor

John Okafor and wife, Stella Maris Okafor 

"I spoke to the kidnappers at 12pm Jan 7th, they demanded for 6m, but all I have is N200, 000, which I told them. My colleagues have been very sympathetic but none of them have come forward to say I'm supporting you with so, so amount. I don't know whether they are expecting me to come cap in hand to see for their assistance." John Okafor to Azuh Arinze of Encomium mag.



This guy must be joking right? After more than 20 years in the movie industry he only saved about 2000. Well, I just hope he is saying that so the kidnappers can have mercy on him. Please, stakeholders of Nigeria movie industry, friends and colleagues of Mr Ibu should do something and get his young wife out.

0 comments: