Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian)

I first came across White Nigerian on a blog which I cannot remember right now but on the blog was a youtube video of Mohammed Jammal hanging out with Aki and Paw Paw and another of him making a funny comparison between life in Nigeria and life in the UK. Come 9th of January 2011 during Lord Of The Ribs show at Sheraton Hotels Abuja, White Nigerian was introduced onto the stage by Basket Mouth and soon after that, an interview with him was hurriedly put together. Below are the excerpts from the interview.

BACKGROUND
I grew up within a family of 7 kids in Jos, where I lived for 18 years of my life. I attended Hillcrest School before moving to London where I graduated with a BA in Business Administration at London Metropolitan Business School. I later went on to do a Masters in Global Management at Regents Business School where I graduated with a 2.1 last year.  Now I have moved back to home to start my career as I promised myself I would do.

THE NAME WHITE NIGERIAN
When I moved to London all my friends started calling me white Nigerian because it was the first time they had seen a “white boy” from Nigeria who speaks pigeon english and Hausa. Since then, everyone calls me the white Nigerian. 


VOYAGE INTO ENTERTAINMENT
It all started with a video I made on youtube where I was speaking pigeon English and Hausa with Kevin Pam, the former winner of Big Brother Africa. I got over 20,000 views in the first two months of releasing that video. After that, Nigerian’s all over the world asked me to make another video, so I made one comparing life in London to life in Nigeria. As of today, the video has over 70,000 views.




Interview and more pictures when you click here


I was then discovered by an events manager and was asked to perform on one of the biggest stages in the UK. Since then, other people have been contacting me to participate in their different shows and events. I have been overwhelmed by the demand I have been getting from event promoters and organizers to feature in their shows.

My first ever performance is the most memorable one. This was on the AY Show Live UK that took place at the 02 Arena, one of the biggest venues in the UK. I was able to share stage with Aki and Paw Paw, AY, 9ice, and  DJ Jam Jam.  Having Odemwingie come watch the show was also a bonus.

 My performance at Lord of the Ribs that took place in Sheraton is also one that will stay with me forever. That was my first performance in Nigeria and it was an honor being introduced by Basket Mouth and sharing the same stage with my Jos boys, MI, Jessie Jagz, and Ice Prince.


PEOPLE’S REACTION
To be honest, it’s the reaction of people that makes me want to keep doing this. Nigerian’s all over the world have shown me a lot of support and keep telling me how much they like my videos and performances. I really didn’t expect this much support and admiration to be honest, so it came as a surprise to me. I hope that they will continue to support me because I don’t do it for the money, I don’t do it for the fame, I do it for my fans.

I have always been a very outgoing person who enjoys being the center of attention so my first performance wasn’t as bad as I expected. I was full of confidence because of the hype I got from the people backstage, especially Aki and Paw Paw.

With regards to fans, the majority has been Nigerians who are based abroad, with only some in Nigeria, but I hope to improve on that now that I have moved back here for good. About girls, no comments…


PEOPLE THAT MOTIVATE HIM
There are a few people that motivate me in the entertainment industry. Aki and Paw Paw, AY, I go die, and Odemwengie. These are all humble Nigerian celebrities that have caught the hearts of Nigerians all over the world. People love them because they give 110% in everything they do. They represent their country in the best possible light and this is my goal. Whatever I do, I want to be able to represent Nigeria in the best way possible.

OBSTACLES
For me, I don’t see things as obstacles, but rather as stepping-stones. I always look at the positive side of things. If there is any problem I have been facing, it about balancing my time between my business career and my entertainment career, but so far I have been able to balance the two.



TAKE ON NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT
I love the entertainment industry in Nigeria, from the music to the films, to the comedies. I was talking to someone the other day about how Nigerians are the most talented people in the world, not just in the entertainment industry but in almost everything.

FUTURE PLANS
My plan right now is to increase my popularity and followership both here and abroad. Since I came back this January from London, I have only performed once here in Nigeria, but I hope that I can perform in many more shows. I have been getting a lot of offers and I hope that I will be able to honor all. 



Interview and pics spotted on steezz.com

0 comments: