Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Top 5 Naija Rap Videos 2009

1. Safe - M.I ft Djinee
This is my best video and best rap song of 2009. This single from M.I has left jaws dropped. M.I creatively use the hooks of Nigerian hit tunes to rap and he did justice to this single. Check this out “They call me M.I(higher) just because am getting thing higher, I’m spitting fire this written fire is no bullshiting. I’m sitting on top Naija rap lids higher”. He does flow tighter and there has been heavy discussions about him on African hip hop forums meaning this single has set tongues wagging.

 


2. Dagrin - pon pon pon
What makes Dagrin's CEO special is the hands on, take the bull by the horn and aggressive approach which is quite refreshing. Even-though the album title might suggest that it might be meant for some people, there are enough on his album to satisfy everyone's needs. whenever Dagrin opens his mouth, he shows his hunger and you are bound to feel his pain. this is a rap single that will bring out the Oliver twist in you. 
 

3. MC Loph ft Flavour Osondi Owendi
It’s basically a re-make of the classic by Chief Osita Osadebe. Cool feel good track. Heres the video for arguably the hottest song in Eastern Nigeria for 2009. IGBO KWENU!!! Kporo kpotom chei! I love it! he makes the 3rd spot for my best rap song of 2009.


4. Knighthouse ft Sauce Kid, Mo Cheddah, Teeto - The Finest
It's another hit single off the Knighthouse Street Scriptures Vol. 1....if u don't know, Street Scriptures Vol. 1 is the finest compilation album made in these parts. It features Nigeria's finest artistes such as Terry Tha Rapman, Mode 9, Blaise, Kel, YQ, Mo'Cheddah, M.I, Wizkid, Nyore, Iceprince, Jesse Jags, Str8 Buttah, IllBliss, Tha Suspect etc; and a few surprises from Bigtym (Rhythm 93.7fm) Tosyn Bucknor etc
 


5. iLLbliss ft terry G - Aiye Po Gan


0 comments: