Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Is Religion Good For The Next Generation?


 by kennedy Ihewuokwu

Please don’t crucify me yet, read and get my point. I am not evil or an atheist. I so much believe in God and as a catholic, I believe in His presence in the Blessed Sacrament. If we trace the root of Nigeria’s civilization and development, religion has played a very big role. Religious institutions in Nigeria were the first to build primary schools, hospitals, stopped the killing of twins, and many other traditional immoralities. I once asked my father, why many Nigerians (especially Igbo people) use English names instead of their tribal names. He said during the colonization era, people wouldn’t be enrolled into schools or got baptized in a church unless they have an English name. READ MORE

0 comments: